Sunday 10 March 2013

Sound in Se7en

When looking at sound for our work I have been very inspired by Se7en's opening sequence.

I love the distorted noise used and think it is very creepy, which obviously is important in a horror film. The sound is non diegetic however, it matches what is being shown as it is quite mechanical sounding. The unregularity of the sound also matches the visuals as they flick on and off and reverse themselves. The sound gradually builds up and more and more 'layers' are added over the top. The pitch of the sound also seems to  get higher which is quite uncomfortable to listen to.

As I said I really like this opening sequence for not only the music but the titles as well and the way they fit together is very interesting and they match. I like the idea of the mechanical sound being used and the distorted music, although I am not sure how well it would fit. However, I think the static and other noises close to this would work quite well together. I would really like to take the aspect of the sound matching the movements of the titles though when we make our credits as I think it makes a much better finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment